Thursday, May 2, 2013

Balanced Meals FTW

It's pretty sad that I have almost updated this blog more times in the last 3 days than I have in the last 3 months.  To make up for that, I decided to show TWO of the wonderful creations I whipped together in my kitchen tonight.  I'll start with dinner.  This was actually a pretty typical dinner for me , but I really am just having too much fun with the retina display on my new iphone camera so I decided to take one of those "oh look at me I eat super healthy" pictures.


In this lovely salad, we have:
1)organic baby spinach (which is delicious.. after I wash the lady bugs out!)
2) green beans and asparagus that I tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic and baked for 15 min at 425 degrees
3) battered wild alaskan salmon (I admit, all I had to do was take this out of the box and bake it)
4) a crumble of feta cheese
5) dried cranberries
6) corn that I heated up in the microwave and tossed with salt and pepper
7) My "lite cranberry walnut vinaigrette" that I would love to say I made, but actually just got from a bottle.

So that was dinner... full of healthy omega three fatty acids and leafy greens.  But it looks like I am lacking some carbs, right? I thought so.  The solution???? THIS:

I followed the recipe pretty much word for word, except the store did not have any big peanut butter cups so I just used mini dark chocolate ones.   The bars are sitting nicely in my fridge right now and it's basically taking every bit of self-control I have to not go and eat every single one..... Hence I am writing about them.    Think delicious combination of peanut butter cookie and fudge.  And they are practically healthy.... they have two cups of oatmeal!! Nothing like Peanut Butter Dream Bars to round off a healthy meal.





No comments:

Post a Comment